        From:   Ed Whittenburg [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
<mailto:[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]>
        Sent:   Tuesday, April 03, 2001 10:37 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Subject:        [RCSE] Battery Failure?

        Hi,     Sunday I flew my new Maraj for the second time at Los Banos,
1st flight time 45 minutes no problems, about two hours later I recharged
the JR 5 cell 1100 with my Hobbico charger until it said it was fully
charged, I checked the voltage with my Hobbico voltage meter and it said it
was charged to 6.35 volts. 2nd flight lasted only about 15 minutes, when I
made a turn there was no response at the sticks, I checked the radio and it
seemed fine so all I could do is  watch my new plane go into the lake,
luckly she floated to the edge but there is alot of damage to the wing.
Later I checked the voltage and it was only at 1.32 volts. What do you
think may have happened.                      Thank you Ed Whittenburg