Brad Willoughby wrote:

> Matt/All,
>
> Well, I don't know about other brands, but the Multiplex Profi 3030 I bought
> from Multiplex USA (before I came to the UK) has a swappable crystal right on
> the RF module.  The crystal plugs in, just like a receiver crystal.  So, no
> loss of American freedoms with Multiplex! ;)

Unfortunately, just because you can doesn't mean that it's legal.
The FCC regulations are confusing enough that the AMA say "no" to
crystal swapping.

Thankfully I'm not governed by the FCC or AMA :)

P.S. You can also swap crystals on JR modules, as they are tuned
     to the center of the band.  I'll post the e-mail response I
     got from tech support if requested.

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada