I have a problem with a Schulze slim-18be electronic speed controller, in
fact with two of these: when I let the  motor turn without prop, it turns
fine, but with the prop, it stops after about a second, and I can hear the
controller beep once, as if it is resetting.

I'm using a Permax 6v 400, 7cell NiMH (Sanyo Twicell) with a Multiplex
Gearbox 400L (the motor was included with the gearbox. The ESC has as
indications: 18/25A, 6-8 celles BEC 5V/1, 5A. My dealer assures me the ESC
is ok for this motor with this batteries, but he doesn't understand the
problem either. He proposed to send the ESC to the dealer; I agreed and
bought another one to be able to continue flying (the first one would be
gone for at least 2 weeks), but that other one has the same problem (I'm
going back to my dealer tomorrow).

When I try with a ESC from Protec (also for 18A), it works fine.

Anybody an idea what is going on ?

Thanks,

Stefan.