Was flying my new DLG from Mike Fox. Nice sailplane! Was demoing for
customer in front of the shop. Got a nice throw, caught a thermal and
specked. That was good enough so I pointed the nose down and came by for
a "high speed" pass. Brought it around and failed to miss the power
lines. I hit two squarely...BOY! There was a minor explosion and fire.
The remains quickly fell to the ground so we ran over and threw gravel
on the small fire. What was left....Some fuzzy black stuff (the CF), the
tail boom, and the melted front section of the fuse with the melted
battery and receiver. I couldn't find any servos, the foam was
completely gone. The remains do not even resemble a sailplane, just a
bunch of fuzzy fibers. Mike! I need another one!

Fuse was CG and Kevlar with CF in the wing. At the voltage it received
it was a perfect conductor! No damage to power lines and I didn't black
out the city of Burlington! Pretty embarrassing though.

--
Sal DeFrancesco
Northeast Sailplane Products

Website: http://www.nesail.com