>Too bad the Gateway open and the Fred are on the same day. Both a fun contest
>to fly. I to will be going to the Fred. It is about 2 1/2 hrs closer for me.
>Plus I think they are doing some HLG?

You bet!  HLG is on Friday CD'ed by Steve "Dangerous" Meyer.  Last years
HLG contest was a hoot, we flew off a boxed in area on a sod farm and
strong little thermals were meandering thru the field routinely, miss the
ride and you were buried.  8-)  The Fred is actually 3 days of fun, June 8,
9, 10.  We fun fly (including electrics) at the end of each contest
day.  Mike Fox flies his TwinStar under the sod farm sprinklers for
fun!  Capn' Jack made the mistake of letting me fly his TwinStar last
year...  sorry Jack!  8-)

I may due the Tequila Sphere BBQ again Saturday night, but I think I have
to ask my wife first...  8-)

This will also be OVSS series #2 contest, on the home field of last years
OVSS champion, Karl Miller.  Can you take him on his own turf?  8-)

For more details go to www.soarchicago.com and click on the Contests link.

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
Member of Chicago SOAR club