>Philosophically, in terms of essential integration with nature,
>the folks with the least technology win.

And how did you say you get your big thermal composite ship in the air?
Hand launch it each time? (he said yes, the lucky stiff) My guess is that
you have MORE Power/Technology than an electric.

What is easier to haul around for a thermal sailplane. A winch, or a 10
cell battery pack, and charger for an electric launched sailplane? After it
is in the air, it acts exactly like any other TD ship.

Ever see a guy with a loaded 2M haul a** after a winch launch and do
acrobatics after screaming past the field? No different than a hotliner.
(the scary planes according to one poster)

One difference is that many electric gliders do not use flaps. It is
primarily to save weight, but more often, it just seems traditional (Don't
know why) We do set up the ailerons to crow up 60 degrees to give landing
control. The glide slope is steep, but admittedly, they don't slow quite as
much as flaps.

BUT, you are not dependant on the guy with the winch showing up, nor do you
need the length of field it takes to set up a High Start.

You can however, launch it a couple of times without actually landing. ie,
down to 100', go back up to 700'.

Now, if only TOSS would see the light.

Matthew Orme
Aveox Electric Flight Systems Inc. http://www.aveox.com
31324 Via Colinas, #104 Westlake Village, Ca 91362
(818) 597-8915 x 102 Fax:(818)597-0617 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Mr. Town, A toy airplane, is a thing you wind up with a key, and it rolls
along the floor"
Microsoft. "Where do you want to go today?" "It doesn't matter, you are
coming with us".