Hi Gang,

Last night my wife and I took the family to Exploration Place (Museum and
Science Center) for an evening of fun and exploration.  With Wichita being
the "Air Capital of the World" of course they have a major exhibit dedicated
to the science of flight.  One of the exhibits has a mock up of a wind
tunnel which uses liquid instead of air to show the effects of flow over
various shapes.  I have to admit I must have spent at least 30-45 minutes
setting at this exhibit making different slope designs and looking at the
effects made.  It shows a perfect explanation of the boundary layer used in
DS'ing and of the stagnant air area behind the hill.  I was explaining what
was going on to my son and it was not too long before there was a small
crowd of people gathered around getting a little lesson in the phenomenon of
DS.  I wish Joe Wurts had been there to really give them (and me) a real
lesson.  If any of you ever make it to Wichita and would like to go look me
up, we have season passes so I could get you in for free.

See Ya,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS