Hi All,

I've got to chime in on this one. First, thanks to the many who put this
contest together. Ron Schark, Tom Clarkson, the Condons,  and the many
other volunteers. Great job, you should be very proud. This is the one
of the smoothest contests anywhere. Most importantly, despite the high
level of competition, it is FUN!!!!

Okay, I'll bring it out myself since it hasn't been brought up yet.  I
FLEW MY PLANE TO A PERFECT LANDING ON THE WIRES DURING THE FIRST
ROUND!!!! There I was on the 55 second portion of ladder and was
preparing to turn back to the field when plane stopped flying. Could
have sworn I was 15 feet past the wires. What a bummer. After the round
was over I had at least 5 people offer me planes to fly if I needed one.
That is what this hobby is about.

About the planes. The Raptor runs $325 (I think). Add 2 $20 servos a
receiver and battery and your in the air for less than $450. Sure you
can go higher but look at the top 10. Plus their were many more Raptors
in the field. The Maple Leaf product was well represented as was the
Twister and the Xterminator. Dick Barkers Uplink was flown by many as
well. Throw in a few others and that is the field.

I don't think you have to have anything super special. These are just
everyday hand launchers. It is not like a moldy that you keep just for
contest days.

I certainly did not attend with any aspirations of winning or placing
but for the comraderie that exists in this phase of the hobby. Those who
have resisted coming need to reconsider. You will find no better group
of people assembled from around the country to spend a couple of quality
days of flying and fellowshiping. Really important is that most can go
to work the next day still walking upright. The discus launch has
changed things.

Darwin N. Barrie
Scottsdale AZ

PS. Ron, please make sure the Round Table doesn't run out of beer next
year.