Ed Sleger, flying his molded Condor.  He flew smarter than the rest.

I flew the best I ever had and still ended up 18th :-(  Two skunk air flights
killed me but the entire group was guys who could have taken the cake, it was
really tough.

Jimmy Britten, Nashville's young star really shinned leading just about every
round till the end, where he got bit by the one batch of really cold air of
the weekend.  He is definitely one with the Artemis.

Lots of Addictions did well, AJ from Atlanta showed that the Escape is a
serious TD ship.  I love 'My Addiction mh32',  I dumped my blended foil
Addiction on a poor schmuck from Atlanta David Ente, who promptly brought it
to Midsouth to whip up as #1 in Sportsman, and out scored me by a hundred
points, needless to say he is pleased as punch!

Cap'n Jack LSF Pres showed his usual top level style, staying in the top 5
till he got mid-aired about 30' from the landing spot!!!  A first class guy
and pilot.  His wife Karen kept him going inspite of the bad luck.

Oleg G. (nick-named O-Go)  the young Russian from Raliegh NC, won HLG on
Friday, and was neck and neck for the top till he got some cold air too, he
took second in any case...just short by 4 points.  He flew the Omega 3 from
NSP, a very inexpensive ship. There were two of them there and both really
shinned both days.  (comments were that the airframe is great but some
personal attention is needed to get them up to snuff for hard contest work.
In any case a very pretty plane and very formidable performer.

Scott Meader came in third (I think) with is Milli-Eagle... He has the molds
for the wings, its basically the RnR Millenium Fuse with 914 wings...yes
that's RG14 and it is an amazing performing plane, I watched it ride the
lightest lift and zoom past a gaggle in a thermal.

Ron Swinehart was a tough taskmaster but the event went like a machine gun
firing on auto.  Jon Stone flew his own design ship and came on in the end to
pass me up, (the big jerk).

The Huntsville group now has Hobbs with an option to purchase, so they have a
great private and very secure site.  You could leave diamonds on the field
and the only way to get at them would be to go through the Arsenal then swim
with Cotton Mouth snakes.

I only had to climb one tree to retrieve a plane, and we flew it out with no
damage!
The only Mantis attending, (thanks for dinner Steve :-)

Volz had his new HP and XP servos on display and while their holding power is
just 4 times their torque (66ozs at 4.8 v ) there was a lot of interest in
their new STEEL output gears.  Also new alternatives to the plywood mounts,
really light plastic and aluminum mounts (Volz Website).

Ed Sleger has been a major sponsor since the MidSouth's inception and he
didn't let anyone down this year.  He was sporting a pretty cool scar on his
inner thigh (some doctor took a vein for use other places in his fuselage),
and he milked it for all it was worth sympathy-wise but we were too cut
throat to fall for it, often trampling him to get to the winch for good air
:-)

There were lots of raffle prize contributors who realize that by supporting
events it allows clubs to generate funds to hold more events in the future
(where more planes will be crashed/ replaced).  Check NASA's website for the
who's and say thanks by buying things from them.

That's all for now,
Gordy
Montgomery Al tonite