In the true spirit of RES we should all attempt to emulate the great
Otto Heithecker. I have a vivid memory of Otto's mighty 12' Challenger
barreling toward the landing spot, touching down at the far edge of the
circle that they used in those days, and sliding toward the bulls-eye;
at the crucial moment, Otto yelled "STOP!!" and the plane's nose halted
on the dime. When you can do that, you don't need a skeg.