Are you suggesting that checks do not create a paper trail?

Regis

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Malone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 12:51 PM
To: [RCSE}
Subject: Re: [RCSE] RCSD question

First let me say that the RCSD publisher has the right to keep costs as
low as possible. That said I would like to correct a misconception.
I accept credit cards in my business and the "discount rate" (what the
CC co charges the merchant) is averages around 2.6%. On $30.00 that
would be $.78 per subscription. If one could add another 50 subscribers
by accepting a credit card it would make sense just to charge the credit
card users another buck. However, then one has created a paper trail
that the IRS can examine.
Dave Malone

Dennis Phelan wrote:

> Greetings,
> And the poor publisher doesn't lose the 8% that the card company takes!
>
> Dennis
> > Jeez,
> >
> > What's so hard about writing a check and dropping it in an envelope?
Cost