Eben,

There's a slope in Pacific Palisades (just north of Santa Monica) called Temescal,
though I've never flown there.  I understand its good, but there is virtually no
landing area.  In Malibu, there are no really good spots right on the coast, but there
is a pretty good place called Snake Hill, which is a 3 or 4 miles inland from the
coast.  Lots of people fly there and the landing area is pretty good.  I also know of
at least one "secret" spot just a bit north of L.A. which is very consistant and even
offers some DS.  Do you know what city you will be staying in?

Brett

> At 08:29 PM 7/18/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >David, I got your name off an old archive. I'm from South Africa, now in LA
> >for at least 3 months, and I'd like to get some flying done while I'm here.
> >I brought my own little wing with, and I'll buy a cheapie 72MHz set before
> >the weekend. We don't fly on 72MHz in SA, so I only have 35 and 60MHz
> >equipment. I know about the Temple Hill Squadron, but could you point me to
> >any other slopes around Santa Monica or greater LA? I'm sure there must be
> >some good sites in the mountains, maybe above Malibu?
> >regards
> >Eben

>"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brett Jaffee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://home.earthlink.net/~jaffee

The Unoffical Extra 300 Home Page