On that Windfree project where I'm upgrading the wing joiner rod and spar to
make a stronger wing...

The stock Windfree has a pair of 5/32" joiner rods, one at the mail spar,
the other in a joiner box at 2/3 chord enclosed by the wing center/root
sheeting (no secondary spar).  As a conservative and weight-saving
enhancement, I decided to use a 1/4" wingrod.  However, while fiddling
around with the joiner rod weights, I noted that the TWO 5/32" rods have the
same cross-sectional area as the ONE 1/4" wingrod. So I wonder if I'm
side-stepping with the 1/4" wingrod in place of two smaller rods?  In other
words, do the two 5/32" rods have the same "stiffness" or Sigma value as one
1/4" rod?    I can see that the stiffness of a rod is proportional to the
size, but I'm not sure if it's a direct proportion.

--Bill