I bought my first Hangar 9 Aspire in September 2000, with the
intent of it being something I could keep in the trunk of the
car and not worry about too much.  Those that remember my
web page review of it will remember how very disappointed I
was with it's construction, and that mine was a complete dud
with a badly warped wing.  I flew it a few times, then put
it in the corner where it still sits.

Today I was in my LHS to get parts for one of the planes on
the building board, and I saw an Aspire box just sitting there
looking at me.  It was slightly less expensive than my first,
and I got to look in it before paying this time (first was
mail-order).

The "new" Aspire is incredibly improved.  The construction
and covering appear flawless (so far).  It even incorporates
some badly needed design changes, like trailing edge plywood
reinforcement so the wing hold-down rubber bands don't crush
it.  Every part now has several quality control stamps on it,
indicating increased QC vigilance.  Kudos to Hangar 9!

If I can get the workbench clear enough to see if these new
wings are warp free, tomorrow morning I'll do some test flights.
Then I'll happily revise my web page review if all goes well :)

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada