>antenna inside the boom.  I do this on my 2M...

Good, an authoritative answer, from experience.  I was wondering if the
"carbon boom/antenna" question was a urban legend, like the downwind turn.

Seems to me that being a "sorta-conductor" in a CF-laminate tube that the
carbon would not attenuate the signal too much.  On a super-slippery design
like the Allegro anything that can be done to clean up the airframe, the
better.  May not have a pratical significance, but it would from
aesthetics...

--Bill