In a message dated 8/17/01 1:07:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:
Hi Bob,
> One of my objectives in proposing the RES class was to provide aircraft such
>  as that a class in which to fly.

Yes, I think RES has gotten away from the original intent.
The SAM guys have some good ideas for preserving old designs. They allow
scaleing--up or down--for various classes. Eg. .020 free flights  and 1/2-A
Texaco planes are all scaled down OT free flight designs.
Mike