> > Any Hams out there flying on 6 meters (50 Mhz)? Or
> > even 53 Mhz?
> >
> I fly 53 Mhz. It was worth getting a bunch of new equipment, in my
> opinion, but there is one thing to consider: there are only two makers
> of double-conversion receivers for 6 meters, FMA and JR, and the JR
> receiver costs 200 bucks. So you gotta believe in FMA equipment. Having
> said that, I have a number of FMA receivers and have never had any
> reason to doubt them.

Futaba still supports 50 mHz - and they have a variety of receivers
available.

There are also JR receivers on 50 mHz that cost far less than $200.

And I agree that the FMA receivers work well also - especially since they
discontinued the Tetra.

Jim Porter
Bettendorf, Iowa  USA

"The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall."
     Orville Wright