From: Winchdoc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 6:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] REALLY STRONG wing joiners

This message is intended ONLY for those poor souls that are
hopelessly addicted to that evil back side sort of flying known
as "DS"....
I have built a limited number of CNC precision machined tool steel wing
joiners that have been hardened to 50-52 Rc.
The CF joiners for these sailplanes are pretty strong, plenty strong
for most average flying conditions. They will also break in a really
hard landing to save other parts of the sailplane. When CF fails, it
breaks all the way with little perceived warning. You DS junkies know
what I mean.
Daryl Perkins and Barry Baskin have custom joiners in some of their
planes. Ask them if these are any good.
These steel joiners also add the extra mass you might want when
DS'ing in extreme conditions.
I guarantee that something else will break before these joiners fail.
You may blow a spar, a stab, or whatever, and you'll pull the intact
joiner from a smoking crater on the backside of Parker Mountain, but
you won't break this joiner.

Cobra Calypso                            $85
Wizard Compact                          $85
Scar                                             $85
Hades 2 (2 small tip joiners)          $85
Brisk 2                                        $100
(coming very soon, this one takes more work)

WinchDoc