> Around the Tulsa area we have a bunch of drainage canals.  They are about
> 15-20 feet deep and at least twice that across from rim to rim.  Sides
> slopes at about 45 degree angle.  Has anyone tried sloping one of these
> little areas?  I am also curious about the DS potentail.
>
> Anybody?

I have had DS working on something similar, Your only answer is to just try
it! DS is funny like that. Just make sure the wind is spot on "the hill" and
blowing at least 10mph there way well be some slope lift then... Now throw
your JW or similar at about 45 to one side as hard as you can then drop
straight in... don't try to pull round the bottom turn too hard, then head
back up to about 3ft above the top of the hill.

have a look at www.dynamic-soaring.co.uk there are some tips there about
finding new DS sites.

Ade