> Does anyone out there have any experience with assembly, setup and flying of the
>Omega 2M from NESP?

I finished mine last night, and hope to fly this weekend.

I reinforced the front wing mount and tied both the front and rear wing mounts to a
long towhook block, since I want to try ballast.
This arrangement should also allow the wing mount to carry more of the stress from the
launch. (The rear wing mount has 1/4" plywood
block under the wing. I did the same in the front, then added a simple plywood
bulkhead that extends from where the wing plugs in
front, down to the towhook block. I added a similar bulkhead under the rear wing
mount.)

Wing servos are a problem. The Omega 2M has thin airfoil and LARGE control surfaces. I
used Volz Micro Maxx for the flaps, and
HS-81MG for the ailerons. I had to grind away some rib area to make room. The servos
are glued onto 1/32" plywood that is expoxyed
to the wing. Servos are covered with M&M Glidertech servo patches. The finished height
of both sets of servos is about 1MM too high
to mount flush with the wing surface. The produce a slight bump under the patches. I
considered the new JR micro digital servos. Any
suggestions for next time?

Frank