----Original Message Follows----
From: Mark Mothersead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Andy Page <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Dam Site Closures
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:59:21 -0800 (PST)

  I think the jist of it is, it is easier to moniter and keep vehicle
traffic moving along the dam,
where as either law enforcement or the dam operators may not have the man
power to observe foot traffic, and my self personally, I feel that as nice a
place as it is to fly, it may be unwise to fly r/c aircraft around a dam or
other structure like that. people nerves are on edge and so people might
percive some even as simple as an r/c aircraft as a threat.This may for the
time being be on of the sacrifices that we all have to make at a time like
this.

    Mark Mothersead
   Brett Jaffee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Easy there.....I think the
question here is why would foot traffic be prohibited when auto and
truck(bomb???) traffic is not.

Andy Page wrote:

 > You want to complain about increased security surrounding
 > critical infrastructure during a war? Why?
 >
 > >From: "Joe G"
 > >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > >Subject: [RCSE] Dam Site Closures
 > >Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:39:30 -0600
 > >
 > >Dudes,
 > >
 > >Just curious if any of you are experiencing any closures of slope sites
at
 > >Dam's. We were ordered, by Corps of Engineer personnel, to refrain from
 > >flying the front side of Percy Priest Dam in Nashville on Saturday. Of
 > >course it was one of the few Saturday's that we had a perfect NW +15 mph
 > >wind. The really strange thing is they stated that is was closed to foot
 > >traffic on the front side (grassy side) due to security reasons related
 > >the 9/11 incident. However they have not stopped the auto/truck traffic
 > >that rolls right along on the top of the dam. Sure doesn't make any
sense
 > >to me and they are really cramping my pursuit of happiness rights. So
 > >anyone else running into this?? Suggestions as to how and who to
complain
 > >too??
 > >
 > >BTW we can still fly the water side of the dam...
 > >
 > >Joe Gullett
 > >Spring Hill, Tennessee

Brett Jaffee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]