On 11/30/01 1:18 AM, "Kent Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I saw somewhere that someone makes a dual battery setup. Can someone steer
> me towards it ?

Go here:

http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/r/e/redscho/

I have been running dual battery packs and two switches for years. There is
absolutely no need to use "backers" , diodes, or anything else. Simply plug
2 batteries into 2 switches (or even "Y" them into a single switch) and plug
into the RX.

All you need to do is make certain you use packs with the same voltage, i.e.
4.8 or 6.0 volt (4 cells or 5 cells). The capacity is additive, two 1,000
mAh packs gives you 2,000 mAh total capacity.

The enclosed link explains it very well. If you are worried (incorrectly)
about a "full" pack charging a "dead" pack try this (I have). Cycle 1 pack
down to 1.1 or 1.0 volts per cell. Charge another pack fully. Plug them both
into the same RX. Go away for a couple of days. Check voltage when you come
back. You will find that there is very little voltage transfer.

SO keep it simple. Why add additional potential failure points when they are
not needed.? In my Scale ships and large scale aerobatics planes (large
gassers)  I run dual 2,700 mAh or 4,000 NiMH packs, 2 switches, no backers,
diodes, dead chicken entrails, etc. Very simple and proven in over a decade
of this type of use.

Bill Malvey
Ladera Ranch, California