All,

 I wanted to get some favorite websites for wind forecasting from the list
members to be used in forecasting direction and speed for slope soaring. I
know there was a discussion about this in the last year, but since then I
had a disc drive go bad and lost much of this info.

I do have the Intellicast site which has built into it the Windcast that
will show predicted flow/direction and speed about a day and a half in
advance. It has windcasts for 2AM, 8AM, 2PM and 8PM for a given day.
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalStd.asp?loc=khar&seg=LocalWeather&pr
odgrp=Forecasts&product=WINDcast&prodnav=d1_18&pid=none
I find this site to be better than the normal forecast of A direction and A
speed for A given day because it shows how and in which direction the wind
may be shifting during the day.

There is also another site that shows real time windspeeds at certain local
locations. Many of these are mini-stations set up at schools in the area.
They are useful for checking a windspeed and direction before you head out
if you are within an hour or so of a given hill. This site takes a software
download and I think, but not sure, that it is for PA area only.

Sooo, if anyone has a favorite site for forecasting the wind I would welcome
hearing about them.

Later...