In a message dated 12/16/2001 4:28:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Older than that, I had one of the ASW-17's back in '71 or '72. Cool plane
at
 the time. Lost half a wing panel in a boomer thermal and still landed the
 plane fine, hell, I had to fight it down, that's how strong the thermal was
 !! >>

Hey Bill

  Thats nuthin!  I once lost the whole wing on my custom canard Skeeter.
Rolled it to knife edge and flew it back through a series of down wind turns
to an inverted hand catch stopping along the way to DS a rosebush!

Denny Maize
Polecat Aeroworks
(717) 789-0146
[EMAIL PROTECTED]