The current idea of several messages lately would lead you to believe that
you have to be an expert pilot to own one of the newer type planes. That
indeed you should be so good that you automatically know where the CG is. To
that I say bull. You guys selling them should have something in the box that
at least gives the CG and a few other basic things so that the first time
high tech plane buyer knows where to start.

It is true that you cannot go straight from flying a Gentle Lady to a molded
plane, but you don't have to be nationally ranked to have a great time
flying one either. Most of the new high tech planes fly so well that they do
exactly what you tell them to do and nothing else. They are stable and don't
have nasty habits like unexpected tip stalls. Yes, many of them do tend fly
a bit faster, but they more than make up for it in predictability and flying
qualities. I can still vividly remember the first time I launched my first
molded plane. The fist thing I thought after launch was, "Wow! I should have
gotten one of these things a long time ago!"

If you have been flying 60" slope glass planes or open class sailplanes and
are comfortable doing so, then you are ready for the high tech planes.
Shoot, if I can fly one, anybody can learn to do so.

Randy Bullard