Ok, thanks to all who gave me some suggestions for a replacement
material to the mylar. I wound up picking up a "For Sale" sign - worked
wonders. The "No Trespassing" sign wasn't quite long enough - this is a
very large/tall fin for a very large TD ship. This is the biggest rudder
I've ever built - finished out at 10 grams. Ummm, next time I think I'll
paint it. That pink foam makes for quite the look on the back of my new
TD world beater - kinda gay.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.
;-)

I just weighed all the components. I'm expecting 62-63 ounces
(pre-meathooks)- for a 130" TD toy, with an extended tube 40" into each
wing, and a 5/8" joiner. Not too bad.

Hope to fly it tomorrow - frantically building - On a Friday night? What
happened to my life? ;-)

Daryl