Does this tap go on the top or bottom of the airfoil?

Also, does this tape method have a different aerodynamic
theory behind it than a Gurney flap?
(Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a Gurney flap
is a rectangular cross-section stick glued to the trailing
edge on the bottom of the airfoil.)

-John Elliott