At 12:53 PM 1/15/02 -0000, Ade wrote:

>> I'm hoping that you sages of the air will have some recommendations on
>> sailplanes for the slope.  I'm looking for two things:
>> 1.  A well designed and prepared kit for a glider that will be a good
>> responsive machine to be used on light to medium lift days on California
>> slopes.

Based on this, I would be hesitant to recommend an HLG.  Reason being that
"medium" lift on the typical California hills I've flown at can be pretty
darn good...not exactly ideal for an HLG, especially if you want good, fast
performance in this type of wind.  Of course, it depends on the definition
of "medium."
Brett Jaffee: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brett's Slope and Power Home Page: http://home.earthlink.net/~jaffee
OnTheWay Quake 3 server utility:   http://www.planetquake.com/ontheway