Ah yes, the Ridge Runt.  The name was correct, thats for sure.  I remember
some of the balsa was hard enought to be used for house framing, the rest
soft enough to eat.  Parts fit was so good I thought they cut the parts out
with a hatchet.  It did go together fast though.  My father and I once went
to the hobby shop on a Saturday morning and purchased 2 RRs.  Eight hours
after purchase (including drive home) they were ready to fly.  Actually came
out pretty light too.  My first hand launch.  The next weekend I got a
chance to try it out on the slope, it was a lot of fun, it could be flown
right on the slope.  After a couple of flights my father came over to fly
mine (left his at home....).  After a few high speed (for a Runt) passes he
said "Uh oh, I dont have control" as the airplane slammed into a palm tree.
It was toasted.  I was annoyed, but that was COOL to watch.  It seems the
soft balsa used for the aileron split just outboard of the torque rod.
Cheap airplanes are great.

I think Ripmax out of England are now remaking the Ridge Runt.  Expensive
little bugger.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?Q=1&I=LA1372&P=1

Kristopher