> I have a molded wing that had some light scratches in it , so I buffed
> them out with Gel-Gloss, but left the wing a little dull, which surprised
> me.
> I've tried some car wax to revitalize, but no luck.
> Can a clear coat be sprayed, or does this depend on what type of paint
> was used, which I would have to look into.

Try Meguire's Mirror Glaze or one of their other automotive cleaner/waxes
with VERY light abrasive.  Meguire's has a full range of polishing and
waxing compounds and has been one of the industry standards for some time.
OR, I've used a plastic polish called E266 (believe this is a product number
or perhaps a trade type number) that seems to work on most anything, but
only for removing a light haze or dullness.

I would have thought anything intended for use on a gel coat would be
'gentle' and have no dulling effect.  Isn't this the stuff intended for use
on the newer generation of sinks, showers and bathtubs that are molded
plastic instead of fired enamels or ceramics.

Another item worth trying is Soft Scrub, a kitchen cleaner  Again, intended
for cleaning and polishing plastic surfaces.  Now don't laugh too hard. but
this is what I use in my household chores/duties.  Quick and leaves me more
time for building and flying.

Jim Porter
Bettendorf, Iowa  USA

"The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall."
     Orville Wright