> With an experienced modeler's help (meaning yourself), you can instruct
with
> many different models. However, it will not be ideal. If your only looking
> for a plane which will be impressive in YOUR hands, he'll love it.

I don't totally agree with this,I have taught a few people on my Avros and I
am going to paste a reply that I sent to Andy earlier and I will ad that I
have since checked out the MUGI site and I think the roll rate is rather
sluggish compared to my epp 36" deltas because they say you can do a couple
of rolls on the way up and a couple on the way down. Those of you that are
avid "Avro" flyers are now chuckling at this because you KNOW about roll
rate!

Here is my earlier reply to Andy:

This should be similar to my Avro, but probably heavier.
The Avros are good trainers but need to be set up by someone with good
piloting skills because they are very responsive. I can't imagine the
corroplast design flying as efficiently as the epp wings I produce because
of weight and the foil shape, but you can build it for next to nothing and
it should be a lot of fun on a bungee. Bungeeing is the way to train in my
opinion. The student gets a lot of launching and landings and this really
improves his skill.
You should give it a try, it will only cost a few bucks to build (build a
backup at the same time) you can trash it teaching, then swap the radio when
he can take care of version 2. It would build very fast if you put the radio
in with double sided tape.

                  Mark Mech
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    www.aerofoam.com