I recently set up a new hi-start using 100' of Hollyday 3 meter rubber.
I usually use #18 braided nylon line but this time I couldn't find any at
any of the local Wal-Marts so I decided to try some mono filament line
instead.
I used 330' of 50 lb. test line and it seemed to work ok.
I did notice that there was a definite "softness" to the launch, even though
I had the same pull on the line. Did the mono stretch a little as the plane
went up allowing for the softness? I still got nice high launches though.
What are the pros and cons of using either of the two?

TIA,
Gordon Cottrill