All the new NYX have the carbon aero shaft and steel pushrod ends for
elevator. I would recommend that you replace the aluminum pushrod end with a
steel end or use a spring steel clevis epoxy directly inside the carbon aero
shaft.
You can get to the bell crank without surgery but it is a bitch. That
plastic clevis with the brass pin really hold tight.
1. Grab and spin the carbon pushrod to un-screw the clevis at the bell crank
2. Open the rudder clevis and fold back the rudder so you have access to the
fin post.
3. Rotate the bell crank (stabs of) so the clevis is positioned at the slot
in the fin post and pull the brass pin from the clevis.
4. Replace the aluminum pushrod end by heating the aluminum end with a
soldering iron and pull out.
5. Epoxy in the steel clevis directly or shorten the carbon rod and add a
piece of music wire and a wood wedge in the end of the pushrod and solder
the clevis directly to the wire. Like the old days.
6. Install the pushrod.
7. That's it.

The NYX went through a few design changes on the F3B versions. If your
carbon NYX weighs about 75oz you have a great carbon skinned F3J and overly
strong AMA ship. The current F3B lay up gives a model that is 81oz RTF and
real world F3B strength.

FYI, There was a report on an elevator pushrod failure in Australia a few
weeks ago. The model will be replaced at no charge.

Even though David and the Australian gentleman are not my customers I want
you all to know that the NYX manufacturer backs up his products. Call your
dealer for the right model to fit your needs.

Tom Copp
COMPOSITE SPECIALTIES
www.F3X.com
ph/fax 949-645 7032