I put a (large) new gallery of Maui slope flying shots on my web page today.
Some very cool shots included of us flying with a brilliant rainbow on the
water in front of us. Also some late afternoon limbo flying, UNDER the
branches of a tree on the edge of the cliff. While Duane was flying limbo, I
was distracted by whales cavorting in the water about 100 yards off shore.
Most of the whale pics didn't turn out due to the low light (it was almost
sunset) causing my shots to blur. However, there is at least one good tail
shot and a couple of pictures where you can see Duane's Zagi flying above
the whales.

Some of you may notice that we are flying at a new site in these shots. The
tradewinds were blowing from the northwest last week, instead of from the
northeast like they usually do. Well the nice thing about living on an
island is that as long as there is any wind, it is blowing onshore
somewhere. We found a new cliff and it worked great.

The next day our good buddy Bart impressed us all by daring to fly his
beautiful and expensive Acacia at the new site. Although the landing area is
tight and surrounded by bare lava rock, Bart did a great job of bringing his
airplane home, right on target.

Check it out at http://www.aloha.net/~bugz/. (Gallery number eight.)
Aloha!!
---