Remember that 6 rounds of F3b is more like 18 rounds of AMA TD.  Fairly
large contests
can be run with F3b. You just have to accept the demands that you be in
the right
place at the right time to fly and larger flight groups.  The contest
can be speeded up by overlapping prep time with prior flight groups and
cutting a minute from the working time in speed and/or distance.
Scheduling and contest organization are important.

Why put up with the weight? I like a contest that takes flying skills.
But I know I'll never change the opinions of most AMA landing contest
pilots.