Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I've had a blast so far. I'm going directly
for my instrument rating, then my Multi. Possibly even into a commercial rating for
insurance reasons.

My examiner was quite a guy. Turned out he has flown gliders a bit, but only
recreationally off a couple of slopes by his house. The nice thing was, he understood
what was going as we had a thermals on 2 of our 3 approaches. (Marked by birds going
nuts) Yes, I know, "daryl air." It was quite irritating - I wanted to get the damn
thing on the ground. ;-)

Thanks again to all.