Tom,

Get some stuff called One Step from DAP.  Should be available at any good do
it yourself store.  Mix in more water to make it the consistency of thick
syrup and then paint it on over the area you are wanting to add the trim
color to.  Wipe off any excess and then let it dry to a nice haze and then
sand off.  It makes a really nice pin hole filler and will not attack the
foam.  When painting use light thin coats dusted on and you should not have
any problem with bleading through anywhere.  Once you have a couple of light
coats on go ahead and put your final gloss coat on.  If you have any
questions let me know and I will try to help further.

See Ya,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS