> I have a standard old Futaba 4 channel radio.  Its going into my Ninja.  I
> haven't decided whether or not to run a rudder, but I'm leaning towards
it.
> I like rudder control :-)

The rudder's useful for tight, slow turns and for aerobatics. Put it in. You
can always not use it but if you don't put it in you'll never know......

> My real debate is whether or not to go buy a cheap in-line elevon mixer
and
> mix the throttle with ailerons,

Not worth the effort. The airfoil's the wrong shape and they're not big
enough to make good flaps. You can slow the plane down by bringing up to the
slope, turning into wind and effectively hovering it onto the ground.

If you can figure out how to run one servo per aileron -- maybe two servos
side by side instead of the original single, maybe servos in the wing if you
think you've got the room -- then that's the way to go. You'll need a
computer radio but they're cheap and the result will be anything you want to
try programming. (Differential aileron action is useful on these sorts of
planes because you can control yaw without using the rudder and you'll get
flaperons at the touch of a switch.)

If you're going to be landing on rocks leave the plane on the shelf and get
a foam wing. The Ninja is too nice a plane to wreck.

> Also I'm nearly done with it, I just gotta get the ailerons beveled (any
> suggestions? I have never done this correctly), the wing/fuse final
sanded,
> the tail feathers put on, the radio installed, and get it covered.  I'm
> building it 'here and there' so it is taking some time but I'm getting
> there!

Get a piece of 2x2 that's a foot long or so and glue sandpaper on it. Clamp
to the bench and rub the aileron stock on it -- slowly, evenly and keeping
it straight.

Your fuse will break just back of the rear bulkhead when you land it and the
wingtip pivots the wing on the font mounting pin. Save the trouble of repair
by fixing it now. I use filament tape wrapped around the fuse in this area
but glass might be a more elegant way of doing it.