Hi Tony,
You are correct in your answer and I was too quick to give a short answer
and go.  Some crystals do tell what frequency they are cut to or for but this is not
always the case.
Buying a crystal for channel 32 ,for example,  doesn't tell enough to swap crystals.
It depends on
the MFG.'s design of the receiver. The safest thing to do is buy a crystal from the
MFG. of your
receiver. Also, talk to one of their technicans if you want to move up or down a
channel.
Thermals, Art