Klaus,
I think you use a 15 meter tape for landings. At least someone on the net wrote that.
That wouldn't be good   for carrier landings or some of the pie shaped landings
we do at some contests where the point of the wedge, about the last 18 inches is the
high score. We use several landing types and some are almost impossible without skegs.
I have said before that skegs should be of flexable nylon about 13/4 inches long. No
circuit board or metal or carbon tube skegs.
What landings do you normally use?
Thermals, Art