Geeeez,   well as CD of this event, I need to weigh in here.   First, I
did list this as a variation in the sanction application.  There were
earlier posts about two models in use at this contest.   We beat this to
death and back via the Rule 5 modification thread.

The question was raised about two CD's and any variation.  I pulled
Sunday's  CD Steve Siebenaler in on this after I had stated the two ship
rule.  My understanding is that he favors just one ship, but will put up
with my shenanigans.  He is a fine fellow and fine pilot.

Jim Bacus makes some good points.  One that was left out, was the simple
ability of a pilot to go to a back-up ship which may be a beater when
the wind comes up, weather gets bad etc.  This is not something to
benefit "affluent" pilots, but to help guys keep their good planes in
one piece. Perhaps to help someone who has a nice ship, keep it that way
in bad conditions.   I CD'd a contest at Cincinnati where a bunch of
guys lost nice planes due to very high winds aloft.  4 of 5 pilots in
the top seeded bunch in the last round didn't make it back to the
field.  From my point of view, a good time to pull out a heavy beater
and cross your fingers.

Of course, this rule variation does allow a pilot to pull out a floater
for the morning and something else in the afternoon.  Unless you run a
one design contest, there will always be considerable variations and
advantages in ships.  Traditional rule book events still pit the $1400
Icon against a Paragon.  Most everyone shows up with a couple of ships,
let them choose which one to play with.  The guys that can fly,  judge
air, and land, will always do the best, no matter what set of rules you
impose on them and often without regard to what they're flying.

News flash!  This is for fun, there is no big purse!   Stumper's right
you guys take this waaaaay too seriously.

Enough; hope to see you guys in Cincy to fly and have fun with a bunch
of good pilots.

Peace and good thermals

Barry Andersen

ps  remember those boots for the soggy field.