Right Joe  its something like that. If your smiley has a BNC connector
or sometimes called a bayonet connector or mount, then you use the
terminator. The terminator is what's used in cable networks to plug
unused ends to load the cable for continuity. Any good electronics store
should have them. Not sure about Radio Shack but worth a try. They come
in various ohm's so use the 500 for best performance. I also leave the
terminator on when not using the transmitter as it protects the
connector on the transmitter.