At 11:23 PM -0700 5/27/02, Simon Van Leeuwen wrote:
>Piano Retailers/rebuilders get it by the roll. They have a machine that
>straightens it as it comes off the roll, hence you can get any length.

You can straighten it yourself. Clamp one end  to a stationary
object, like a car bumper, or a heavy workbench. Get a vice grip and
pull as hard as you can( or use the car to pull) it will yield and
the wire is as straight as it can be. That is the same way I
straighten the ni-chrom wire for foam cutting.
--
Brian Chan
An Electric Airplane Junkie@San Mateo.Ca.USA