>  It could be something like :
>       59 inches max
>       maximum material cost :20$
>       no carbon, FG, Kevlar
>       no gyros and no programming
>
>Just think about how much fun it is to fly
>Zagi/Boomerang slope planes. It would be fun to
>develop and have access to new cheap and tough
>HLG/DHLG planes that we would not fear flying in
>any conditions. It could also be a great way to
>start new flyers.

You should consider the Apogee by Mark Drela.  The wooden wing
version might just suit your needs.  But it uses a kite spar for a
tailboom.  Sorry it doesn't fit your requirements above.  Maybe you
could carve your plane out of maple?

See the Charles River RC web site for the plans, etc.

http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articles/apogeehlg/markdrela_apogeehlg.htm

- David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

USA