Like I said. "The schmuck who took it home the week before."

At 12:32 AM 6/12/2002 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 6/11/02 2:56:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Maintaining a full set is tough, they get lost in the field, back of
vehicle, or some schmuck who just took it home and shows up 2 weeks
later with it! Now you have 2 pins same channel.

Steve,
You got this one wrong, there is never a double set of pins, because the practice has always been, "Take the pin, own the channel"

Who would bring a pin and think they have the channel?  Not exactly logical.

You can have bags of cloths pins which can be put up each time the board is set up.
If a guy comes to the field and there is no pin, you know he is gonna ask everyone there if they have it.

Clothes pins don't have be luminescent or anything else, you take a pen and write the number on it and put it on the board when the board is put up.

I say again, the system universally understood is "take the pin, own the freq".  I have yet to meet a sailplaner who though 'bring a pin, own the freq" made any sense...not even here in Canada :-)

What system do you think I used on the Wasserkuppe and on the slope in Zurich?
Take the pin, own the freq.

Gordy
Sloping the North face of Lake Ontario, winds and rain permitting tomorrow too :-)