In a message dated 6/17/02 7:59:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Was there much of guys "chasing the leader" around the field, or did
everyone try to find their own air?  If it's at all like the IHLGF, I'm
always surprised how little "poaching" actually takes place.  You have less
time to decide in hand launch, and 25' can make a big difference, but I
would think that with good launches there would be the opportunity to just
try and cover the leader.

My name is Vince and I was the CD for the contest.
People were launching in groups of 5 and total time was about 35 to 40 secs. to get the group up.
Planes went left and right searching unless they all flew into a thermal off tow.
So in my opinion they was no chasing the leader.