.> Which side of a wing is it better to have a hump in the airfoil? The
> top or the bottom?

The top of the airfoil is more sensitive to irregularities than the bottom
so I stick the servos on the bottom. The exception is slope foamies where
they have to go on top to prevent the linkage being torn to bits when you
"land".

> I am building a C07 HLG that has a RS004 airfoil. The servos are flush
> with the spar but stick up towards the aft part of the wing. I plan to
> make covers for them.
> The C07 HLG is at http://www.zanonia-flyers.de/. I wanted to try
> building something different and I thought that this looked cool.

Those wings are really nice. (I want I want I want I WANT) Those wings look
as if they should be as smooth as possible. If I could find a suitably thin
servo I'd place them behind and against the spar and use a rotary drive to
the surfaces. (The servo would lie flat in the wing so you'd only have10mm
or so thickness to accmmodate and you'd have no exposed linkages.) If the
airfoil really is too thin for a servo then I'd put the servos in the fuse
and use a torque rod to work the elevons.

Martin Usher