In a message dated 7/16/02 10:24:48 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 05:52:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeb Bushell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: RCSE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Which Aluminum For Wing Rod?

I need to make a set of wing joiners for a 3-piece
wing.  These need to be 0.5" OD aluminum tube, like
the originally supplied set.

Aircraft Spruce has aluminum tube in 5052-0 , 6061-0
and 6061T6.  Which of these will take a 5 degree bend
and a little filing and make the best joiner?

Many thanks,

Jeb Bushell. >>

Jeb,
I would go for the 6061 T6. It will take the 5 degree bend fine (form it
around a radius rather than a vise jaw) and be stiff enough without further
treatment. Wall thickness is important here also. I would want at least .065
wall.
Regards,
Walt Dimick
I.R.F. Machine Works
Have you checked out I.R.F. Machine Works' precision and heavy duty ac
cessories for rotary flap and aileron drivers? The components for this
totally clean and hidden system for moving control surfaces are now available
premanufactured.
Get the scoop for your next building project at our RDS web site:
http://www.irfmachineworks.com/rds
**I.R.F. also builds the Little Big Winch, a complete, personal launching
system for RC sailplanes up to 3.5 meters.
http://www.irfmachineworks.com/lbwinch