Dunno the physics behind it, but I have the mother of all servo mixers, and
she flies fine.

1 Singing JR 8411 on elevator  Digital
8 (EIGHT) Multiplex MCV2 Royals on flaps and ailerons - they don't sing.
Digital
1 Multiplex Jumbo on rudder - he doesn't sing either Digital
1 Hitec 705 monster servo on retract analog
1 Hitec 805 monster servo on tow release analog
2 JR 517 analogs on landing gear doors

RX is a simple little Hitec 8 slim.

Note this is in a 1/3 scale Duo Discus.  Fuse is 9 feet long. Wing span is
22+ feet. Lots of servo wire. Long, no really long, wire runs. All wire is
twisted, running on a 5 cell pack.

Oh yeah, lots of carbon fiber everywhere.

I can say without fear of contradiction that these servos do not antagonize
one another. They are a happy little family.  We flew this thing to a range
that may best be described as ABVR (Almost Beyond Visual Range) two weeks
ago, and that says a lot.  At least 3/4 of a mile out and specked, no range
or radio issues.

For pics, go here - www.courtforms.com/personal/

I have no doubt that some setups have experienced odd behaviors, but let's
please take note of other factors, most notably suspect TX/RX, poor wiring,
loose connections at any point in the harness, metal on metal contact in
anything near the plane, high or low battery voltage (5 cell jitters?) even
wacky RF at the site, that are far more likely than a Hatfields vs. McCoys
or Red v. Blue on board the plane.

Lee Estingoy
Overland Park, KS

BTW - finally got my hands on some of the Hitec 125 and 5245 servos.  The
little Hitecs seem really slick. Very tight gearing, smooth and QUIET.
Don't seem to have the extreme torque of the WingMaxx, but for 37.00 they
are pretty damned nice.  Noticeably thinner than the 81s.  Equal to or very
close to the thickness (thinness) of the Volz. The 5245 is a nice piece of
kit as well. 45.00 for a 60 oz, mini.  Again really smooth gearing, no slop.
It does whine a little under load.

Can't speak as to how the gearing will hold out. The older HS85 and 81s with
metal gears would pop their little plastic gear pretty quickly.  These are
supposed to be better....

With the jump in value of the Euro we may do well to cultivate non-euro
based products in this little addiction of ours.  Hmm, maybe a TD ship from
Mexico -

Back to the books.