I had an Algebra once that used a tie-up between the
two wings, set behind the wing rod.  The tie-up was
implemented with miniature eyehooks set into the wing
roots.  A small cable tie was then used to link these
together.  You had to cut the cable tie to disassemble
the plane.  The algebra had a hatch so that you could
manage all this.

There seems to be an assumption that rotation of
wingrods is a bad thing.  In the event of a crash, the
rotation of the wing rod may act as a fuse which may
prevent the wing tips from shredding because they
don't have to reflect the full shockwave.  The
Algebra, a fragile 4 meter monster, would shed the
eyehooks in a hard landing so that the wings could
disconnect from the fuselage (rotating the wingrod)
and not have to manage the full shock.

Jeb.